Australia Migration, Immigration Australia, Migrating to Australia


Forgotten Password
Free Registration for Assistance | About Us | Contact us | Sitemap | Secure Client Log in
More info about Immigration Australia, Visa Australia

A Migration Lawyer is available

to assist you - Register now

Registered to Provide Migration Advice

Student Visas

Australian immigration Student visa

We can enrol you into a wide variety of courses, throughout Australia. This includes bachelor or masters degrees, diplomas, trade courses, and more.


Let alone the obvious benefits of having an Australian higher qualification, the student visa pathway is a great route to permanent residence.

If you cannot meet the criteria for a skill assessment, and there does not appear to be another route, then studying a diploma, bachelors or master degree or other higher qualification can provide permanent residence.

So How Does This Work ? : -
Studying a bachelors degree can allow you to meet the criteria for a skill assessment of a 50 point occupation. This is crucial to gaining sufficient points for a skilled PR visa.

Obtaining an Australian degree can also earn more points, making it an even stronger application.

Or, even if full permanent residence is not an option, then you can easily obtain an 18 month post-graduate skilled visa - allowing unrestricted work and residence in Australia, allowing you to work in Australia to gain yet more extra points needed.

We can also enrol you into a very wide variety of courses throughout Australia.

This also includes trades tests, as well as a full range of diplomas, degrees, vocational certificates and all possible study options.

You will pay the normal course fees for this.

If you are interested in studying in Australia, then please get in touch with us and we can explain: -

  • Course details
  • Visa details - and the pathway to residency
  • Cost break-downs of the entire process
  • Studying and living n Australia on a student visa, and beyond

Please talk to us about the student visa by registering now



 The different Student Visa subclasses (based on the intended studies from the list below): -

Subclass 570 English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS)
Applies to stand-alone English language courses that lead to a certificate I, II, III, or IV, or that result in no formal Australian award.
Subclass 571 Primary or secondary school course
Applies to primary, junior secondary or senior secondary school courses, and approved secondary school exchange programs.
Subclass 572 Vocational education and training
Applies to Certificate I, II, III or IV (except ELICOS), diploma, advanced diploma, vocational graduate certificate or vocational graduate diploma courses.
Subclass 573 Higher education
Applies to a Bachelor degree, associate degree, graduate certificate, graduate diploma, or Masters by coursework.
Subclass 574 Postgraduate research
Applies to Masters by research or a doctoral degree.
Subclass 575 Non-award
Applies to non-award foundation studies, or other full-time courses or components of courses not leading to an Australian award.
Subclass 576 AusAID and Defence
Applies to students sponsored AusAID or the Australia Department of Defence undertaking full-time courses of any type.
Subclass 580 Student Guardians
Parents or relatives can apply for a visa to stay in Australia as the guardian of a student who is studying in Australia.

  If you are intending to study in Australia contact us for details of the assessment factors that apply to you, and the details you must submit with your visa application.

Student must provide evidence that they have sufficient funds to fund accommodation, pay for airfares, course tuition fees, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) and all general expenses during the stay in Australia. The assessment factors will review the student's financial resources in this regard.


Strict conditions are imposed on Student visa holders (see examples below) - A breach of any of these conditions may lead to the cancellation of the visa: -

  • The student must satisfy attendance and/or course requirements and maintain a valid enrolment for the chosen course of study. Students are required to attend a minimum of 80% of all classes (closely monitored by DIAC), and have to achieve satisfactory academic results.

  • Student (and their dependents) are not allowed to work. After they have commenced studies, they can apply for work rights - which will be limited to 20 hours per week.

  • The student must remain with the education provider with whom the student enrolled for the first 12 months of the course (or for the duration of the course if the course for less than 12 months) - save for in exceptional circumstances.

  • The student's residential address (and any changes) must be notified to the educational provider within 7 days of arrival in Australia (or of any move). You must notify your education provider of a change of education provider within 7 days of receiving the electronic Confirmation of Enrolment certificate or evidence of enrolment.

 Overview: -


The Country

The name Australia conjures up an instant set of images for most Brits. These usually involve long golden beaches (for basking and having barbecues on) and sparkling blue sea (for swimming, surfing and snorkelling in). And lots and lots of sun. It's true that Australia does have a lot of beaches - around 7,000, more than any other nation on earth. It's also fair to say that it has very good weather. But this vast island continent is much more than its stereotype.

Australia is the sixth largest country on Earth. Within it 7,617,930 square kilometres, stretching from the sunshine city of Perth in the west to the Gold Coast in the east, and from the tropical warmth of Darwin in the north to the Twelve Apostles in the south, lies a spectacular nature environment - tropical rainforests, mountain ranges, huge tracts of desert, lush green farmlands and exotic wildlife on land and at sea. This is the backdrop of Australia's unique, distinctive personality, which can be found in the cosmopolitan cities, friendly people and proud, hospitable, diverse culture. Australia enjoys one of the highest standards of living in the world.

The Education System

Australia's education system follows the same model as the UK. After completing high school, Australia students have a similar set of choices as people in the UK - if they want to stay in education they can go to university to do a degree, or undertake Technical and Further Education (TAFE) if they want to do a more vocational or apples course.

The length of courses is also similar - for example, most undergraduate degrees are three years long (through specialist degrees like medicine and architecture take longer) and the majority of masters degrees are one year long, though again specialist programmes are sometimes longer.

Academic standards are high, particularly in the universities. Australian universities have an international reputation for excellence in lots of different fields and are known for their innovative, research-intensive culture. In the World University Rankings 2007, published by The Times Higher Education Supplement, 6 Australian universities appeared in the top 50 - only 8 UK institution made that level of the list. Qualification awarded by Australian universities are internationally recognised and highly regarded by employers and overseas universities alike. (For more information on the ranking, please go to the Stats page).

The Cost

Tuition fees are individually set by the institutions so will vary according to the subject you study as well as the institution you study it at, but, on average, an undergraduate degree in a subject such as the arts, humanities, law or business will cost between AUD12,000 and AUD19,000 a year (approx. 5645 - 8938). Laboratory-based undergraduate degrees are more, usually between AUD15,000 and AUD25,000 (approx. 7056 - 11,761) a year. At postgraduate level, a graduate certificate or graduate diploma will cost approximately AUD9000 to AUD18,000 each year (around 4234 - 8468); masters and PhD courses between AUD16,000 and AUD26,000 (7527 - 12,231).

According to the Australian government, an international student will spend an average of AUD230 (108) a week on living costs, taking into account accommodation, food, clothing, entertainment, transport, travel and so on. Please bear in mind that this figure will vary according to location, course and lifestyle, i.e. if you intend to study in Sydney and have a penchant for shopping and champagne, you might want to up it little.


The type of visa you'll need to study in Australia will be determined by how long your course is. If it is 3 months or less, you'll be able to enter Australia on a Tourist visa. All British citizens are eligible for a Tourist (short stay) visa - it entitles you to be in the country for up to 12 months, but not to undertake any form of paid work. A Working Holiday visa entitle British citizens between the ages of 18 and 30 to be in the country for 12 months, and to work, though there are restrictions on what kind of work you can do and how long you can do it for.

If your course is longer than 3 months, you'll need to get a Student visa. A Student visa entitles you to be in the country for as long as your course lasts, and usually allows some time for traveling around, too. If you were granted a Student visa, the conditions of your student visa will also allow you to work part-time for up to 20 hours a week while you are studying during the term and for as many hours as you wish during your holidays. If you were granted a Student visa on or after 26 April 2008, you will already have Permission to Work automatically included with your visa. However, if you were granted a Student visa before 26 April 2008 and have not yet applied for Permission to Work, you may only apply for Permission to Work after you have started your course in Australia.

In order to apply for a student visa, you'll need to have an offer of study from your chosen institution. So don't worry about it until then. We'll send you a guide on how to apply, including a list of all the documents you'll need, with your offer of study.



Forgotten Password